Tuesday, August 28, 2007

My Quandry...

So for those of you who are just joining the group, DH and I and our two children moved in with my mother because the transmission went out on our car. At the time there were no other options. Now, however, my mom has gotten (I hate that word) a truck from her dad and her brother, and it is available for us to drive instead of a rental car. Now we can save the $600 a month that would go toward said rental car. Although DH hasn't been able to actually drive it yet; it needed insurance and registration and the taillights weren't working. It has insurance and working taillights now, just waiting for the registration.

Anyway, enough blathering. My quandry is, should we move out now? (It's more like can we move out now? Can we can we can we? Please please please, I beg of you!) It certainly wouldn't be the smartest thing I've ever done financially, but it would be a pretty wise decision healthwise. (Physically and mentally) I wouldn't have to hear that anything with vegetables other than peas or corn is "weird." No more cookies around, no more ice cream, no more candy bars. I never bought that stuff at my house, yet it's a constant presence here. (My mother is relatively thin, though. I don't know how she does it.)

I'm tired. I hate it here. I'm cranky all the time, and I keep gaining weight. This is a huge step back for me. I keep bouncing between renting an apartment now and waiting and seeing if maybe we actually get that one in a million chance that we could buy a house in the spring. I just don't know what to do. The other day DH was telling me that I need to just wait and see. I hate that idea. I hate not knowing, at least a little bit, what I'm going to do. I need a direction, an end to look forward to. I just don't want to make yet another bad decision.

DH is going to start working out with me starting September 1. My dad is coming home this weekend, and it seems that he's actually started taking his diabetes seriously. He's asked for healthy food. So I think that all this could actually give me the start that I need.

I'm going to look at apartments on Craigslist. Even if we don't move, I can dream, right?

No comments: