Friday, May 18, 2007

Have you ever heard that joke about the fat person who goes to a drive thru and orders a double cheeseburger with bacon, large fries, a dessert pie, and a diet Coke? And haha at the fattie because after ordering all that junk he thought he was being "healthy" and ordering a diet drink? I hate that joke. A, because a person is really not what they eat. (See my husband--he can eat anything he wants and not gain weight. Although lately he has been getting a little belly and I feel slightly vindicated. Guilty, too.) B, people don't always buy "healthy" things because they are healthy. I cannot stand the taste of regular colas. They disgust me. I grew up on diet soda, so that is what I can stand. And no, this little rant isn't coming from anything specific. Just a pet peeve of mine.

I am still feeling bleh if you wanted to know. Last night after writing my entry I thought, "Oh my God. I am describing depression. I am depressed." And the word "depressed" depressed me. I'm an emo kid. Excuse me while I get my Buddy Holly glasses and put on an ironic T-shirt and my Chuck Taylors.

My mood is not being helped by these damn kids. And I'm not referring to my own, I watch a few kids for daycare purposes. And I'm soooo glad it's Friday. I cannot put up with the chasing, toy stealing, hitting, kicking, running in the house, crocodile tears when you get punished crap anymore this week. I neither drink nor smoke, and right now I feel like I could use a pack of cigarettes and at least one bottle of wine.

No comments: