Friday, May 25, 2007

Up and up and up

Weight is up to 237.6. Yay! I cannot express to you how much the idea of gaining weight for no good reason thrills me. And at what, 1 or 2 pounds a day? How exciting! I shall be unable to move by the end of the year.

So, to recap, I need 3400 calories a day to maintain 230 pounds. Not that I want to maintain 230 pounds, but anyway. My calories yesterday were 2887, which is more than it should be. I ate emotionally twice, a glass of chocolate milk when the damn curtain rod fell off the wall again and no matter what I did it wouldn't stay up; and a sesame seed bagel with cheese and Canadian bacon when I weighed myself and it said I'd gained 4 pounds. Apparently I was teaching that scale good. It ended up being around 600 extra calories. No matter how many extra calories it ended up being, I was still well below the break-even line. I had a 500 calorie deficit, which, while it may not have made me lose any weight right away, should be enough to lose a pound a week. Yet here we are.

Anyway, I'll stop harping on that. Today is my last day providing daycare full-time. Yay! Kind of. (That one wasn't sarcastic.) On the one hand, I know that E and, to some extent, N, like having other kids around. However, it can get really grating if the daycare kids are being brats (happens a lot) and it can get really annoying if them being brats makes E think that he can act the same way (happens way too much for me). The money was also nice. But oh well.

That's it for now, I guess. I won't bore you by trying to pull topics out to discuss when I can't think of any. I'm going to pay special attention to balancing what food groups I eat and getting lots of water today; hopefully tomorrow will show some improvement in weight.

No comments: